One of the many things which make me miss Cambridge sometimes:
The glorious Collegium Regale Te Deum and Jubilate (or the Morning Canticles) by Herbert Howells - he of the Hymnus Paradisi from whose Proms performance I am still reeling - will be sung at Matins in their namesake King's College Chapel at 10.30 a.m. this Sunday, the 21st. They will sound just as magnificent as the above. I will be sorry not to be there, but perhaps I have enough blessings! If you do not have time for the whole video, make some at least for the almighty finale of the Te Deum (O LORD, IN THEE HAVE I TRUSTED: LET ME NEVER BE CONFOUNDED ! ! ! ! !) - from 7 minutes and 20 seconds onwards, and make sure to fasten everything around you securely to the ground.
As if this were not treat enough for the congregation, the Organ Postlude will be Crown Imperial by William Walton.
As if this were not treat enough for the congregation, the Organ Postlude will be Crown Imperial by William Walton.
No comments:
Post a Comment