| Station Saint-Jacques - ligne 6 |
| Cité - line 4 runs beneath the Seine. |
| Ligne 6 - above the street on steel viaduct (métro aérien). |
| From Denfert-Rochereau station on ligne 4, two stations (Mouton Duvernet and Alésia) are visible down the line. |
![]() |
| The R.A.T.P. Logo (obtained from Wikimedia Commons). |
| Um... have I boarded the wrong train? |
| The famous Art Nouveau style at Cité. |
The ten-year-old film below, from the series 'C'est pas sorcier', is good fun to watch: if not for useless facts such as line 4 being the warmest because it is all underground, has the greatest number of trains and uses rubber tyres, then for the colloquial high-speed French!
Finally, the Parisians know how to have fun with the métro:
As one of the comments pointed out ("Pas mal... mais bon, c'est pas très difficile de doubler le métro de la ligne 10 ;)"), they have picked two stations very close to each other on one of the quietest and slowest lines on the network... but still more than I could do, given my croissant consumption!
| Pont du Bir-Hakeim (Ligne 6) |

2 comments:
Just out of curiosity, is the RATP logo meant to represent anything? I see a woman's face looking upwards when I look at it ...
Oh, and are you suggesting that croissants are in some way bad for you? Bang goes my coxing weight-loss strategy, then ...
Believe me, I have been puzzled about this since I have been here!
I did wonder at one point whether the blue line might represent the Seine, and then rejected it because the course of the Seine does not resemble a woman's face! But in fact this seems to be true! Somebody has written a detailed explanation of the logo here:
http://symboliques.blogspot.fr/2007/08/le-symbolisme-du-logo-ratp.html. The green circle represents the Ile-de-France, and the blue line the Seine, made 'positive' by being turned into an upwards-looking face. Well, who would have thought it?
Croissants are infinitely better for the soul than for the body - that is how I justify it...
Post a Comment